Tuesday, September 17, 2019

12th September 2019

You called me twice yesterday.
The first was when I was driving to school. You were chirpy, cheery and your usual happy self. You talked about our plan to pursue masters. You asked me to not forget about you. Unfortunately, I kind of already did; I already applied. You said, that's "That's BS, Sern." I said yeah. And then I said, "You don't have the time anymore. You have a baby at home. You're a full time dad."
You said, "Yeah I can. I'm a super dad."

The second time was in the evening.
I was driving home from UTC, having spent a few hours making a passport. I felt bittersweet as it was my first time making a passport and I was alone, it felt very grown up.
The phone was connected to the car Bluetooth. I thought it was a normal call, you said in the morning that you'd call me again.
Little did I know.
The Bluetooth was hard to disconnect from so I struggled with that for a while. Finally, it disconnected so you could hear me.

"Sern, my daughter, Medina Sandra, has passed away." You could barely get the words out.
"What?!" I almost hit the brakes.
"Would you please tell our classmates and ask them to recite Al Fatihah for her. Thank you Sern. Good bye."

Sad, sad!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...