Sunday, June 11, 2017

First Day Fasting in Johor

Assalamualaikum.

Today is the first day back in school after the mid-year break. It is also the first school day in Ramadhan. Alhamdulillah, safely arrived in Johor from hometown yesterday even though driving alone long-distance while fasting was a very challenging experience.


The usual weekly assembly today was a bit unusual for me. This kid (picture above) suddenly came and sit next to me. At first I thought she mistook me for her mother (also a teacher here) but no! She really wanted to stay by my side. The whole assembly. And I thought kids don't really like me. My nieces had mixed feelings toward me the whole semester break. Or I was just a bad aunt? Haha.

Had some classes. Still hadn't written anything resembling a lesson plan (or plans as I supposedly had three classes today) but that's okay. People have Monday blues all the time. Perhaps I'm still recovering from the journey yesterday. I kept yawning in front of the kids. Should've come back on Friday. I thought about it but the thought of leaving home earlier than need be is very unsettling. It's almost wasteful, imo.


Here's a picture of a fig tree. Hopefully the fruits will soon ripe and we can taste the sweetness as mentioned in the Qur'an. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Happy fasting!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...