Friday, September 18, 2009

The big day and its rush

Before I start to ramble about anything, let me begin this post politely with; "Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, maaf zahir dan batin."
Okay, that's done with. If you would look at the stereotype phrase up there, has it ever occured to you who came up with it the first time? Genius. Simple yet the meaning of the speaker come across quickly.
Speaking of getting the meaning across quickly and safely, do you know that Terengganu dialect do just that in Malay language? I love the state where I grew up and its dialect, though many people would say it sounds harsh and rude. Yes, I would agree with that but when we,
Terengganu-er are speaking, we'd like to speak as little words as we can and still get the meaning across to the listener fast and safe. In order to achieve that, we have to sacrifice some politeness thus the accusation of being harsh and rude. LOL.

The end of Ramadhan was and is always an opportunity for my mother to ask (or/and force) her children to clean around the house. She doesn't ask for much, but make sure the house is sparkling clean and she'll be happy. It's only once a year so all of us will fold our sleeves and get busy. I never do the same task year after year. Last year I was in the 'hanging the curtains' committee, but this year I'm the window-cleaner lady. I've had the windows of the front house cleaned and I think I' about done with this year cleaning rush. I think my angah and kak cik did the curtains hanging part this year. Last year, they were cleaning the windows. As for my abg de, he and his ladder will always do the fans. No one else fit for the job more than him. LOL. But I think there's still one more annual task; mopping the floor. Or has someone mopped it when I was sleeping? (It was very tiring to clean all the windows, you see. What in the hot weather and all) Oh well, I think if it hasn't been done, somebody will be called forward tomorrow to receive the task in a scroll.

Personally, I think this is the fastest Ramadhan that flew by. While I'm busy with my SPM trial, this holy month went on without waiting for me (it used to wait because I used to feel how long it is to Hari Raya) or even say "Hi!". I did all the usual routine; the puasa, the terawih, but it flew by far too fast. When the trial was over, I was like suddenly realised that the month is coming to an end. It's hard to say goodbye, or at least reluctant. Will there be a Ramadhan again for me next year? Only He Who Knows Everything, knows. But, bid goodbye to it brothers and sisters a wish for an encounter again next year. Salam.
p/s: I made those ketupat myself. Haha.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...