Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Kak, perumah untuk mangga ada tak?"

Went to the Econjaya supermarket today. Asked a salesgirl (who was busy pasting the price stickers) for a 'perumah'.

"Kak, perumah untuk mangga ada tak?" Asked her with all the standard-ness of the Malay language that I could muster.

The salesgirl looked numb. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

"Perumah. Untuk pasang mangga. Kat 'locker'." Can't help it. Had to tell the truth, with a hope that she'll understand me better.

No such luck. "Emmm... mangga? Kat depan sana," she pointed to the front of the store.

Duh. Of course I've been to the front of the store. There were only the locks, no 'perumah'. However, being an easy customer, I nodded (with an uncertain glances between her and the front of the store) and went.

As I found it before the salesgirl pointed it for me, there were only locks. Frustration was seeping. I looked around and found an old chinese man doing something with hardware stuff (probably locks too since he was near the locks' counter) and said;

"Err... perumah untuk mangga ada tak? (Again with the question. Persistent, yes, that's me.)"

To my horror, that old chinese man also became numb when I asked. Was it my question, or was it me?

"Bila nak pakai mangga kan, u kena ada perumah dia kan?" I surrendered to my teaching nature. lol=D

Then only he understood me. He pointed to me the right direction and that's how I got my black-coloured 'perumah'. Quite a story right? Hahaha...

One question though; Why Chinese are a better bussinessman? Or salesman, for the matter. Another recent example would be Ron the notebook salesman.
...maybe I should ask Ron.


the said 'perumah'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...