Saturday, January 29, 2011

terima kasih, thank you, arigato gozaimasu, merci, tausend dank..etc

and it doesn't seem enough.

in 2009, when i came back from Perak without the trophy as an ASAT public speaking champion (because i didn't win), nobody spare me a glance. it's like the place (SMC) used to having speakers to go to national level in any competition. and i honestly didn't care - because yeah, i didn't win.

but she didn't think so. she obviously thought it was a cool achievement. she called me upon her, asked me about the competition (to which i weakly replied i didn't won) and shook my hand so hard my whole body shook to congratulate me.

you see, when i was busy with the competition (district, state and national level), some of the teachers thought i was a liability for the student body. i was a prefect but because of a few months of neglecting prefect's duty because of the competition, i wasn't promoted the next year. all my hard work as a prefect for three years went to waste. because it didn't even state in the cert. that i was a prefect when i left the place. one thing in high school which i regret the most.

she made me think that what i did matters. when i thought it wasn't.


i know you can hear me because when i was in standard four, a teacher once said to me:

"if you du'a for your departed parents, the du'a don't even went up to Allah. it'll go straight to your loved ones."

you're not my parent but you certainly feel like one. please forgive us of every single deed or word we ever did or said that wasn't in your best interest. you opened our eyes that science and religion really never did part but will always be together and there is so much more out there to be experienced thus go, fly and reach for the highest sky.





Al-Fatihah for Cikgu Norharyati bt. Din.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...