Sunday, July 8, 2012

my first paid job!

one would've thought that my future gig as a teacher would be the first job i'll earn money from but Allah's plans are above all others'.

last saturday was my first paid job. leen's sister (leen is my classmate, wan nurul fadzleen) was getting engaged to her boyfriend of 6 years (yes, i'm know because some of my other classmates were also there, they were asking the future bride questions and i was an eavesdropping busybody) and so leen asked me (well actually, she asked me about a month ago) if i'd be the photographer for the event. and i was like, whaaat?? you sure you want me to do it? not gonna hire a real photographer?

apparently her sister checked out my portfolio (chewaahhh...ada portfolio katanya. padahal album-album dekat fb aja pun) and was pretty okay with me being her photographer. after asking my brother (it is HIS camera, after all) whether or not should i do it, and he'd told me to go for it with condition that i'll try to adopt Adobe Photoshop CS5 into my life -.- and after consideration, i said "yeah, why not. can't hurt."

and so i went to do the job. it was fun! it's one thing to be clicking the camera, it's another thing to get paid doing that! haha. i just hope i'll be able to at least adequately use CS5 soon so that i can give the future bride her photos without much delay. she paid for the photos, after all. this is no "tangkap-tangkap dan upload kat fb for free" anymore. this is a REAL job. so i should get going.

but before that, have a look at a teaser:  

edited this with picasa. still haven't mastered cs5.

and this is the camera that i used &
kak nurul's generous payment :)

4 comments:

tun_telani said...

cool!
my 1st paid job is as a tuition teacher! then, fruit packer at some fruit farm.. hihi...
teacher berapa kali ngadap photoshop tu, pening je tgk, last2 give-up. hoho

Husna Mohamed said...

haha. photoshop memang buat orang tarik rambut lah tension!!

sampai sekarang pun masih bertatih-tatih lagi. :D

Saddly Saljie said...

way to go sern.My 1st paid job is as a sugar-cane vendor at bazar ramadhan when i was like 12 yrs old with my uncle. Yeah the experience was great though.

Husna Mohamed said...

cool! everyone has their first job experience right? :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...