Sunday, August 29, 2010

i can't help but to write like i'm posting because i'm a blogger

26th August 2010

Today was no different than any other day in class during Ramadhan. At least, no special event than requires us to dress up and board a bus and go somewhere for dinner (like the TESL night function).

The first subject in the morning was Social Studies lectured by Madam Nor ‘Azah binti Abd. Aziz. She used to give lectures but recently she took a different measure and asked the students to prepare a presentation and give the lectures instead. Smart woman, she is. Anyway, today she gave a briefing first about her oncoming assignment. Our assignment, assigned by her that is. Don’t be confused. After the briefing, the presentations kicked off. I don’t remember all of them but the most vivid image imprinted on my mind is Azmi’s presentation. His presentation (as he explicitly told me beforehand) contained only five slides.

I said to him “tamboh ar se slaid agi tulih ‘Selamat Hari Raya’. jadi mu ada nam slaid.”

Only to his sourly reply “buat doh. limo doh ar tu.”
That left me with no more ideas to give him.

Despite the fact that it was FIVE slides, it was the most entertaining and informative presentation of all (the informative part may still be debatable). He was able to explain and elaborate on his topic (that I still remember – The Distortion of Languages) with calmness and serenity. Like he practiced for it. And the audience was grand. They kept asking questions like there was no tomorrow. Azmi had to answers the bullets-like questions and still got rounds of applauses after that. The others were entertaining too, don’t get me wrong. But torturing Azmi was fun - I was among the questioner:D

After Mdm. Azah’s class, no lecturer came in. We all continued doing our tasks and works and assignments. Some played the Raya songs loudly on their laptops. That’s not weird because this class started to play Raya songs since BEFORE the first Ramadhan. Go figures.

At 1.15pm, I turned my Asus’ screen down and packed up to leave. Some were still in the class, too absorbed in whatever it was they were doing. Suddenly I remembered that I wanted to see Madam Noormah to discuss (or more correctly would be to ask) about the assignment she gave us. She intended it to be submitted by us on the 2nd September 2010. That’s next Thursday. A week is not very long when you have a gigantic task at hand (well some people might not agree with this but let’s leave it alright? Hyperbole is a style of writing).

So I went to see Mdm. Noormah at JBB. She was there, luckily. I stated my purpose then she asked for the collaboration form. I frowned and wonder what that is. My inability to answer that had caused her to give me some instant ‘lectures’. Though I was not sure if I was the one at fault, I accepted it with an open heart. She gave me another round of briefing about the assignment, a few copies of notes and two copies of collaboration form. She asked me to give it to our ‘AJK Fotostat’ which is Taufik, but to contact a boy during weekend is not easy. He is a BOY, after all. I just smiled and I hope she understands. Sunday should work too.

Back in my room, I uploaded the instructions for the assignment which Mdm. Noormah just gave to me on Facebook. Easier for everybody to find rather than paste it in the class like what she actually instructed me to do. But it is Thursday. By the time I went back to the class after the meeting with her, everybody was gone.
Iftar(break-fast) was alone I was, like always. I watched the anime One Piece while eating because while eating I couldn’t very well do my work, could I? My rational. Anyway, for tonight’s ‘moreh’(a small grub for the people who did their ‘terawih’ at the surau, after the ‘terawih’), my class was in charge. Me and Najiah went to the surau after we did our ‘terawih’ together in her room. We were in high spirit to help with the ‘moreh’ but our fellow classmates which were Nadzirah, Syakirah, Izzati, Hidayah and Fadzleen were already doing their part and left us the washing part afterwards. Which was fine.

That’s all for today, journal.














(p/s: this is actually a one-day journal mr. k asked us to write. but i can't help but notice it sounds like my regular posts. with a bit editing for my blog readers..^-^)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...