Monday, August 9, 2010

Kuehs

The other day at ILIM.

"Rupa macam kueh bakar tapi rasa dia macam akok la pulak."

"Akok la tu."

"Ya ke? Tapi rupa dia macam kueh bakar. Rasa dia macam akok tapi."

"Akok la tu..!" This time she stressed her words, trying to make a point.

"Tapi rupa dia macam kueh bakar..!" I wanted to make my point too.

"Akok..," Jie and her point.

"Awak kenal dop kueh bakar gane?"

"Dop."

That settles that. Today I met the kueh bakar/akok again. I think it's the way Besut-ians make the delicacy. Just combine two in one. Why bother make two types of 'kuih'? When you can just combine them and eat both in one swipe. Happy dining;)


p/s: I think we should call it 'kuih bakok'. Both types of 'kuih' should get the credit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...